Curving/warping text in photoshop


Besides changing fonts, warping text is perhaps the most basic piece of font manipulation. There are two main ways of doing this:

Warp Text Tool

After adding text to your image, if you look in the text tool bar at the top of the screen you will see the warp text tool:

This profides you with a variety of options for warping your text and with a good deal of control of the effects they give.

For CS users it is also possible to use the path tools to get far more contrl over their text warping.

First create a path:

Now select the text tool and click at the start of the path. You will see the cursor change:

You can modify this text and also use the path tools to change the way it is warped.

I believe there is a similar technique which is possible in earlier versions of photoshop which requires the layer to be rasterised before warping. I will look into this.





| Home | B3ta | Me | Contact | Flash and stuff | Links |

Site design © Sam Cartwright 2004